In Guam Island State, the applicants should follow these rules and regulations to get a marriage license. The rules and regulations are given below. They are:
• Both male and female applicants are required to submit their applications in person together. Otherwise, their application will not be accepted. However, depending on some situations exceptions may be given.
• The Department of Public Health issues a marriage license.
• Both applicants are considered to be eligible to apply for a marriage license. But with parental or guardian approval, both the male and female of 16 years old also can apply for a marriage license. The parental or guardian approval should be given in person. But in some occasions, exceptions will be given.
• Both the applicants should provide original I.D. such as valid photo identification as well as certified copies of birth certificates.
• Proof of dissolution must be produced to the concerned authority, if either applicant has been married before.
• The waiting period for getting a marriage license is 5 days.
• The unsigned license is valid for 60 days from its date of issue and valued throughout Guam.
• The fee to get a marriage license includes $30.00 plus other charges if applicable.